There are many lighting characteristics of studio lights, so what are the lighting skills of studio lighting design? Let's take a look below!
The lighting layout of studio lighting design must first determine the area of the studio
Generally speaking, large studios are more than 300 square meters, medium-sized studios are between 100 and 300 square meters, and small studios are less than 100 square meters. Secondly, the lighting skills should be selected according to the type of studio, such as virtual studios, live studios, interview studios, panoramic studios, etc. have different studio stage lighting and lighting equipment methods.
Eight lighting techniques for studio lighting design
1. Use side main light, hard light from both sides of the background, to provide side main light and side backlight. The auxiliary light comes from the front of the background.
2. Soft front light strengthens the effect of backlight, so that the illumination of the entire performance area is relatively uniform.
3. Multi-key light distribution, which can reflect the main light source in various directions of the camera.
4. Three-point lighting, that is, using main light, backlight, and auxiliary light to reflect the theme.
5. For the overall lighting, the basic light (illuminance 800-1500lx) is firstly distributed, and then three-point lighting (multiple main light, multi-backlight, and multi-assistant light) is selected. The illuminance of multiple main lights should be the same, as should the backlight and auxiliary lights. Similarly, the color of the pictures taken by the camera at the specified position should be basically the same.
6. In the lighting of the indoor scene during the day, strong light should be used to project the shadow of the window into the room to replace the role of sunlight. The direction of the main light should be the same as the direction of the sunlight to make the picture more realistic. The orientation of the auxiliary light should be 70° from the camera, which can eliminate the long nose shadow of the character. It is advisable to choose soft LED light panel for film and television, and the light is soft and uniform.
7. Hierarchical lighting, the studio's music and song and dance programs use hierarchical lighting, also known as zoned lighting. This lighting method of studio lighting techniques enhances subject and perspective. The layered lighting can be divided into the front area, middle area, and rear area. The illuminance of these three areas is different. The illuminance of the front area should be 2000~2500lx, the illuminance of the middle area should be 1500~2000lx, and the illuminance of the rear area should be 2000~2500lx. At 800~1000lx, the illuminance of the skylight should be 600~800lx. The intention of zoning lighting is to give people a sense of hierarchy and three-dimensionality.
8. For indoor night scene lighting, chandeliers are generally used to illuminate the entire interior, desk lamps are used to illuminate desks, and wall lamps are used to illuminate part of the interior. These studio lighting techniques are conducive to reflecting the light effect of the environment and the characters.
The best way to reflect the indoor night scene atmosphere is to turn on and off the lights. The audience is very sensitive and knows it is night. To deal with the light of the switch light, firstly the light when the light is turned off, and then the light after the light is turned on. When the light is turned off, the light is darker than when the light is turned on, and a dark scene appears in the room, but it can make people see the outline.